LYNX-DEV 2-7 <base href> failure more severe than I realized

From: Will Mengarini
Subject: LYNX-DEV 2-7 <base href> failure more severe than I realized
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:27:57 -0800 (PST)

In a post a couple of hours ago I reported how attempting to render
a file containing 80 <base href> tags that were accepted under 2-6
& are rejected under 2-7 caused what appeared to be a hang.  I also
reported that -nopause was a workaround.  Now, it seems to me that
-nopause only works for the start file, which I guess makes sense
from the standpoint of its original purpose, but means that the local
tables of contents can't be accessed at all from a Lynx 2-7 that tries
to get to them by following links in some other file (such as the
normal start file), rather than by naming them on the command line.

In other words, 2-7 Just Doesn't Work on these local tables of contents
that worked fine under 2-6.  If the pause-first-alert-only hack that
I suggested in my previous post is applied to rendering of all files,
not just the start file, that will at least make the system usable.

                 Will Mengarini  <address@hidden>

"Whom computers would destroy, they first drive mad."
      --Unix fortune cookie
;
;