Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:30:30 -0800

Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       exit() is a macro in Lynx which invokes a great deal of additional
> code.  SIGINT is used on VMS, despite the inference Bela drew from those
> code snippets.  The signal and exit handling in Lynx are very complex,
> too complex to explain in an email message.  It might be a good idea if
> both of you built a debug version and walked through all that is happened
> before modifying any of it based on inspections of snippets.

I've looked through the code fairly extensively for signal handling
behavior.  I was only asking about that sample and did not intend to
imply that VMS never used SIGINT.  I'm aware of the different SIGINT
handling under VMS, and have dealt with it in what seems like a workable
manner.

You are right that I had missed the exit() macro.  I see that it
disables a lot of signals, but only if LYOutOfMemory.  Again, I'd like
to ask you about the rationale for this (the code says FM all over it).
More to the point: I understand why you might want to ignore signals
during shutdown.  But then why do you re-enable some (but not all) part
way through?

>Bela<
;
;