Re: LYNX-DEV Patches for lynx2.7 for SunOS

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Patches for lynx2.7 for SunOS
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 15:46:52 -0600 (CST)

You (Scott McGee (Personal)) wrote:
> I think the problem you are having is due to the mistaken use of the sun4
> target (for SunOS 4.X) when you actually have a Solaris 2.4 system and
> should use the solaris2 target. For instance, compair uname output on your
> system:
> Try "make solaris2" and see if it helps.
> (PS, my system also has gcc, and compiles flawlessly with "make solaris2".)

Greetings. The problem is that this system is a collection of Solaris kludges
to ger a campus on afs... building it for "solaris2" will fail in dozens more
places in ways that I can't even begin to kludge around... I will give it a go
tonight and report back. Trying both ways with 2.6 was a grand failure. Perhaps
that is now fixed.

Sorry for the alarm.

Take care.
;