Re: LYNX-DEV converting Pine addressbook to html - Why not add...

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV converting Pine addressbook to html - Why not add...
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 14:01:52 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Tom Zerucha wrote:
> Since we have multiple bookmarks, could there be read-only bookmarks that
> take the output of a command, e.g.
> Bookmark P = "#!/bin/sh;cat ~/.addressbook | pineab2html"
> (less than half baked, but you get the idea).

Ahh.  So we need Lynx to be able to read from stdin, or a pipe, to extend
this to similar features, such as converting an email folder on the fly to
hypertext format.  Theoretically, this doesn't sound too hard.  How would
we distinguish this ability from the present use of "-" on the command
line as indicating arguments are from stdin?  Perhaps "-pipe"?

------

;
;