Re: LYNX-DEV: why cannot 'back-up' from addr?

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: why cannot 'back-up' from addr?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:38:09 -0800 (PST)

> RE: www.news.com/Rumormill/Archives/rum2_12_97.html
>
> Why can I Go to that location, but not to anything
> I back-up to (via deleting rightmost characters in that addr)?

That is most likely a problem with the server, not Lynx.  You'd
get the same behavior from any browser.

It cannot be assumed that http://www.news.com/Rumormill/Archives/
is going to return a document.  Perhaps if you go in from the
other direction (connect to www.news.com, and navigate from there)
you'll find that they have an archive index (or whatever you're
looking for at the next level up) at a slightly different URL.

Mike
;
;