Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:56:47 +0000 (GMT)

Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

[someone else wrote]
> > OK folks, is there a goal for Lynx 3.0 or 2.8 or whatever we are going to
> > call it?
>
> Just rambling here, but personally I think we're ready for a really
> experimental Lynx.  Let it be buggy and crumby - but exciting.  That

Sounds good to me - most of the things I do are buggy and crumby.  Count
me in...  ;-)  I've got lots of ideas - the url in the title bar option,
the class support (for <link>s), and oooh lots of others.  But no time to
actually work on them.  ;-(

> There is no de-facto maintainer.  Again, just a personal opinion, but
> putting that burden on Rob seems like a waste of his talents.  The only
                                                       ^^^^^^^
(!)  I dunno, you leave a list for a couple of weeks, and the world goes mad.
;-)

ObReason: The reasons I've been away/quiet/not coordinating are multiple
and varied; suffice to say lots of work, few people to do it.  ;-(  I've
had no time whatsoever to do Lynx stuff, even at home, over the last few
weeks.  *However* (touch wood) things should have settled down a bit now
so *hopefully* I can get hacking again.
--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
;