Re: LYNX-DEV v2.7 bug fix update

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV v2.7 bug fix update
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:08:42 -0800

On Mar 11, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
> Re: merging 27bugs into development set.
>
> You are hitting upon the real problem here.
>
> We _need_ the bug fixes stand alone - system admins will only be willing
> to apply the bug fixes that are stable (won't cause crashes, etc.)
>
> Also, you will need to convince folk contributing bug fixes to start

Patchlevels! Patchlevels! My kernel for patchlevels! :)

Why don't we start doing this:

 - Periodic bundling of bugfixes (and ONLY bugfixes) into context diffs
   suitable for 'patch'ing.
 - Press a patchlevel at that time, with both previous -> current and
   distribution -> current
 - Produce both a tarball (.tar.gz) and .zip of the patchlevel files
 - Shove 'em onto lynx.browser.org
 - Announce to <pick newsgroup here>

And yes, I'd be willing to do this sort of thing, I just need clear
indicators of feature addition vs. bugfix - it's sometimes a wee bit
blurry.

Jason

--
 address@hidden                         |   PGP key available
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems         |   from MIT keyserver.

       Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.