Re: LYNX-DEV LYCookie.c typo

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYCookie.c typo
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 20:05:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       You are a highly skilled programmer, and know that is a typo
> which should be '+='.  Your "I suppose" was ingenuous, and your repitition
> of it takes it the next step to an out and out lie.

You are wrong.

I for one would appreciate if you'd throw in an "I assume" or "I suppose"
occasionally, instead of stating your assumptions (here: about what I
must have thought) as facts.

>       I also find the mentality behind your use of the phrase "Tom's code"
> in a recent rant highly objectionable, but anticipate that you will insist
> it was just a shorthand reference.

I could have written for each instance "the code Tom wrote", instead.  It
didn't occur to me - must be my mentality.  But in the same message I also
used "your code" and "your implementation" (addressed to you, Fote), as
well as in other messages. Apparently you do not find *that*
objectionable.

Other than the tone you did not like and the mentality you assume, and
that I didn't specifically mention anonymous accounts, it seems you didn't
find anything wrong with the factual content of the message.

        Klaus

;
;