Re: LYNX-DEV Showing the actual URL istead of "Datatrasfer completed"

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Showing the actual URL istead of "Datatrasfer completed"
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 06:15:16 -0400 (EDT)

970802 Thomas Rudolf wrote:
> quite often i'm using lynx and I like it.

yet another satisfied customer!

> But I didn't found the option for displaying the actual URL
> somewhere on the screen.

to see the URLs of the current page & current link, use  = .
to see the current link at the bottom of the screen,
  use  o  to get the Options page & change to Advanced mode.
to list URLs for all the links in the current document, use  l .

> I read the help file slowly several times without any good result.

great! so possibly your problem is something else, which Lynx doesn't do.

> Lynx version is 2.5 on UNIX.

this is long out-of-date: the current version is 2-7-1:
you will find access to it + lots of information at  lynx.browser.org .
if your sysadmin won't upgrade for you,
you can compile your own version of Lynx in your own directories,
provided of course you have shell access.

;