LYNX-DEV Removing strange characters in forms (fwd)

From: gregory j. rosmaita
Subject: LYNX-DEV Removing strange characters in forms (fwd)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:22:07 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 01:00:33 -0500
Date:    Mon, 18 Aug 1997 01:03:21 -0400
From:    Gary Petraccaro <address@hidden>
Subject: Removing strange characters in forms

When I use either NetTamer or Lynx for Windows and I go to Amazon.com and
try to fill out a search form, I constantly get a "no titles" message.
When I fill out the same form with the version of Lynx on my ISP, it
responds with screens of titles.  It appears that both Lynx for Windows
and NetTamer enter strange characters around my input on the form.  I
can't remove these characters.  On the Lynx for Windows attempts they are
8's (I don't know if that's meaningful).  I can erase them, but, as soon
as I move off the input line they're back.

It's a different character in NetTamer, but, the same results.
Any ideas?

;
;