Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug with long lines

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug with long lines
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:22:06 -0400 (EDT)

                       LYNX-DEV Lynx bug with long lines

     * From: Ulrich Windl <address@hidden>

> Also If viewing such a document in raw mode, Lynx does not fold lines, nor
> can the user scroll horizontally (or I don't know).

This is "a feature."  This has been discussed before and the developers
have consistently suggested that users employ an external pager to see
source with lines wrapped, content over 80 columns wide, etc.  For example
define most as a download option.

> Another thing to improve: There is no "search same"/ "search again". If I
> simply enter '/' and CR, I get "Cancelled!". Life would be easier with
> find next! (I checked the key bindings page without success).

Look again.  It should be there, usually as 'n'.  The only thing strange
is that it is its own command and not a modifier on /.  In late models you
can also play with up-arrow to scroll through your recent searchables in
case what you want to find next is not the most recent thing you searched
for but a recent search target.

                      Current Key Map (Lynx Version 2.7)

a           ADD_BOOKMARK  add to your personal bookmark list
n           NEXT          search for the next occurence

from

 Lynx Users Guide v2.7.1
 http://www.leb.net/blinux/blynx/Lynx_users_guide.html#11

                                        Lynx Users Guide v2.7.1 (p20 of 97)
   All search words or strings which you have entered during a Lynx
   session are saved in a circular buffer, and can be retrieved for
   re-use by pressing the up-arrow or down-arrow keys at the prompt for a
   search word or string. Also, you can use the 'n'ext command to repeat
   a search with the last-entered search word or phrase, starting from
   the current position in the document. The word or phrase matches will
   be highlighted throughout the document, but such highlighting will not
   persist for new documents, or if the current document is reloaded. The
   search cycles to the top of the document if the word or phrase is not
   located below your current position.
Al Gilman