LYNX-DEV . and .. showing in dired

From: Jon Schewe
Subject: LYNX-DEV . and .. showing in dired
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:29:26 -0400

I've compiled lynx with NO_DOT_FILES so that users can't get mess with their
dot files.  However when I compiled this version of lynx, 2.7.1 with fotemods
from the beginning of June, I noticed that I could see '.' and '..'.  I didn't
see any real problem with this at first, but recently some users have been
going into their directory and hitting 'r' on '.' or '..' and have been
removing their home directory without knowing it until they try to login next.
Is there a way to change this?
--
Jon Schewe                |  http://freenet.msp.mn.us/~schewe
address@hidden          |  address@hidden