LYNX-DEV lynx2.8pre.2 patch

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx2.8pre.2 patch
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 23:44:51 -0800 (PST)

Lynx2.8pre.2 builds and runs on DOS, with no new problems that I see
yet. I did notice, however, an undocumented change in lynx.cfg as far
as the zmodem downloader is concerned. I am not sure if this was done
accidentally. I seem to recall discussion some time ago on the list,
when the alternate zmodem script was introduced, that it could cause
problems with security or permissions. Hence the simple zmodem script
was left in place, with the alternate script for those who chose to use
it. The following patch returns the previous text. Please ignore this
patch if the change is really what was intended - it didn't make it to
the changes file.
                             Doug

*** lynx2-8/lynx.cfg    Sat Feb 28 13:00:48 1998
--- lynx2-8/lynx.cfg.new        Sat Feb 28 23:27:44 1998
***************
*** 1008,1015 ****
  #DOWNLOADER:Use Most to view:most +s %s:TRUE
  #  (don't use most's -k switch, so that binaries will invoke hexadecimal mode)
  #DOWNLOADER:Use Kermit to download to the local terminal:kermit -i -s %s -a
%s:TRUE
! #DOWNLOADER:Use Zmodem to download to the local terminal:set %s
%s;td=/tmp/Lsz$$;mkdir $td;ln -s $1 $td/"$2";sz $td/"$2";rm -r $td:TRUE
! #  (example script replace :sz %s: for offering a suggested filename)

  # Unix ONLY:
  #===========
--- 1008,1016 ----
  #DOWNLOADER:Use Most to view:most +s %s:TRUE
  #  (don't use most's -k switch, so that binaries will invoke hexadecimal mode)
  #DOWNLOADER:Use Kermit to download to the local terminal:kermit -i -s %s -a
%s:TRUE
! #DOWNLOADER:Use Zmodem to download to the local terminal:sz %s:TRUE
! #    (example script in lieu of :sz %s: for offering a suggested filename)
! #  :set %s %s;td=/tmp/Lsz$$;mkdir $td;ln -s $1 $td/"$2";sz $td/"$2";rm -r $td:

  # Unix ONLY:

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)