LYNX-DEV Re: problem with 'news' url draft

From: Stan Barber
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: problem with 'news' url draft
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 07:28:44 CST

So, we have a documented protocol running on port 119 (RFC 977), the same
protocol running over TLS/SSL on port 563 (with no RFC document to reflect
that other than this draft) and some related protocol running over port 433
(with no RFC document). I would think it would be a good idea to have
some RFC in place documenting this practice. Then, the URL document could
refer to that document in defining this schema. Should the NNTPEXT group
take this on?

--
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: address@hidden
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob