Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 05:58:01 -0500 (EST)

980328 Wayne Buttles wrote:
> Matt Ackeret <address@hidden> wrote:
>> So nobody knows how to get lynx to save the user agent?
> As I remember it, Fote is the reason it was never implemented.
>   www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0797/msg00460.html

Fote seems to have retired -- at least he hasn't appeared for a while -- ,
but the point he made does have merit; however, given that he objected
to saving the user agent, what was his excuse for allowing it to be changed
in the option screen in the first place?  ie if it's ok to change it,
what is the precise additional objection to being able to save it?
does the current Lynx consensus still support his view of the matter?
(ok, i should go look at his message 9707 ... )