Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 bug: / & n

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 bug: / & n
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 13:06:05 -0500 (EST)

> 2-8 added a feature for the benefit of the blind to locate a found string
> on the 3rd line of the screen: i too am finding it quite useful.
> however, while  /  correctly finds & locates the string,
>  n  doesn't follow the same rule, presumably because it was overlooked.
>
> to see the (erroneous) effect try searching thro' the Archive (HTML version)
> for some month for one of the regular contributors (eg Fote, July 1997):
> the 1st search with  /  gets the 1st occurrence correctly,
> but when  n  is entered, the same occurrence simply moves to line 1
> & similarly for subsequent  n's .
>
> clearly,  n  should find the next occurrence following the previous one
> & locate it on the 3rd line of the screen.  can it be fixed for 2-8-1 ?
will check...

***

My target for this week is to iron out any build problems from last week,
and to try to make some changes to decouple the color-style code from the
sortsgml/tagsoup logic - needed to resolve the error-recovery differences
between 2.7.2/2.8

- I'll be out of town the following week, and haven't done my taxes yet, so
I'll not have a lot of time for coding for a couple of weeks.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden