Re: lynx-dev your 2 weeks' window

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev your 2 weeks' window
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:08:55 +0100 (BST)

> Primary arguments on this seem to relate to whether we should:
> 1. always keep the source version in cache and render locally, or

This is better done with an external cache, which is easy for Unix.

> > (5) calling up an editor for TEXTAREA : see Archive 980424 :
> >     this is more controversial due to security,
> >     but could be subject to the same controls as for anonymous users.

There are other issues.  Mail is more or less self contained, and
client side maps can be treated as as separate page, but textarea
requires content to be fed back to the containing form, and I would
argue, many people would not like any solution which didn't display
the content in the context of the rest of the form.  That means it
will be a dirtier change than was needed for mailto.