lynx-dev Re: Who do you send Windows 16 diffs to?

From: vtailor
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Who do you send Windows 16 diffs to?
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 09:55:00 -0500 (CDT)

>     * From: address@hidden
>     * Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 21:30:53 -0500 (CDT)
>
>I have a make16.bat for doing the makeuctb table to .h file conversion
>in an 8_3 environment.  Is there someplace to send something like that
>to?
>
>I hope to have a working Windows 16-bit lynx version going sometime in
>the next month or so, using the portable Dos window.  Since the lynx
>code should not need specific changes that relate to the Dos window
>library, but rather changes that involve, e. g., flat-pointer versus
>huge pointer issues, I expect to have some diffs in that area as well.

I think I'll take back that offer for a make16.bat.  Unfortunately,
the UCDomap.c code, among others, overwhelms the capacity of the BC4.52
16-bit compiler.  It generates table overflows.  I am going to have to dig
a bit to find a pre-chartrans version of lynx if I am going to port it to
any 16-bit system.  Pity that the chartrans code was not left as a
configure option in the latest releases, or you would have been able to
generate an up-to-date lynx for 16-bit (I mean 3.0 and later) Windows,
and something quite similar for old-fashioned Dos.

^Q