lynx-dev Re: DOS patch for lynx2.8.1dev.13

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: DOS patch for lynx2.8.1dev.13
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 23:12:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 24 May 1998, I wrote:

> The DJGPP_KEYHANDLER code allows mapping of all the function, control,
> and shift keys on the PC keyboard via KEYMAP statements in lynx.cfg,
> either via the numerical value specified in the DJGPP file "keys.h"
> or via mnemonics from that file. When mnemonics (e.g. K_Alt_S) are
> used, the mapping succeeds, but a warning is printed to stderr that it
> failed. I have been looking at the code, but still don't understand what
> is generating the warning. Compiling with PDCurses also allows mapping
> of Alt keys. Does anyone know if it can be done with the SLANG
> keyhandling functions?

Time for a retraction. I thought that this was working, but further
testing shows that it doesn't really work with SLANG or with PDCurses.
Putting the mapping in switch statements in LYStrings.c works, but
the runtime remapping via lynx.cfg doesn't work. I presume that this
is because the key definitions are larger than the number of items in
keymap[] (DJGPP maps keys up to 0x293). I'll work on this as I have
time, since it is a feature that others have requested.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)