Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 18:53:57 -0700

Ok, no more strsep() man pages, please!

I received 3 or 4 copies from Linux (plus the ones I found in my own
altavista search).  These are pretty useless, not to mention just plain
wrong:

> RETURN VALUE
>        The strsep() function returns a pointer to the  token,  or
>        NULL if delim is not found in stringp.

Nonsense.  It always returns (*stringp) (except possibly in the case
where *stringp points to a '\0').  That is, it returns the last token
(the one that doesn't end in any of the delimiters).

Someone sent me a man page from BSDI BSD/OS, which was 1000 times
better.  It made everything clear.  I believe my implementation is
correct.