Re: lynx-dev LYNX PROBLEM

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX PROBLEM
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 21:53:22 -0400 (EDT)

980805 Dave Beaner wrote:
> I downloaded the distribution of LYNX 2-7
                                        ^^^
the latest release is 2-8 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release .

> I then extracted it to C:\Lynx where all the files fell into place.
> I get ILLEGAL ERROR everytime I try to run it.  What am I doing wrong?
> I'm trying to use this to surf the web, on my Windows 95 Platform!

it's rather elementary, but you do have to compile the executable Lynx
from the source files in the distribution package;
read  INSTALLATION  carefully & follow the directions;
you will need a C compiler & curses or slang (some version)
& appropriate software to access the Internet from your PC.
if you have any problems compiling it, ask again here.