Re: lynx-dev <BR>

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev <BR>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 20:20:01 -0700

On Thu, Aug 13, 1998, David J Woolley <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://www.browsercaps.com/config/Cv/Generated/test-multipleBreak.html
>
> classifies the current Lynx behaviour as correct, but indicates that
> correct behaviour is rather rare.
>
> Generating multiple lines gets a score of minus 4 and is considered:
>
>  prohibited, but often observed and tolerated.

        [...]

Note that runs of &nbsp; 's apparently should also be collapsed,
but lynx *doesn't* Do The Right Thing in that case.

In case anybody cares, I side with the "Default to Standards
Compliance" camp.  Picking and choosing which parts to follow and
which to ignore is just as Evil when done by lynx as by the "big
two".

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>