Re: lynx-dev Bug with signal 11

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug with signal 11
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:25:13 +0100 (BST)

> http://www.fica.com/english/product/motherboard/socket7/va503+.htm
> and I hit '*' to make links for all pictures--while the page was reloading, I
> hit the spacebar, and Lynx aborted with signal 11.

Given that you are using a developers' version of Linux, you really ought to
know that segmentation violations are the most common symptom for any
runaway Unix program and are of little use without a backtrace from a
debugger or trace output from the program, both of which should be
easily available to you; the former without having to re-run the program.

> My system is an 80486 with 8MB RAM, 122MB HD, Ncurses 4.2 on Linux kernel
> 2.1.115 (with Slackware 3.4)

I would describe this as Slackware 3.4 (with kernel 2.1.115), as application
program problems that need reporting to the application developers are
more often library and file system structure than kernel related.

However, given that you are using a development kernel, can you reproduce this
on kernel 2.0.35?