Re: lynx-dev Inserting new lines in <TEXTAREA> field

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Inserting new lines in <TEXTAREA> field
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:23:50 -0400 (EDT)

980820 Paul K wrote:
> I cannot add new lines between existing text lines in a TEXTAREA field
> (nor additional lines at the end) as I can in NN or IE.
> Since the return is treated like the down-arrow,
> the 'new-line' feature is missing.
> Is there another way to accomplish this, with another command?

no: Lynx is rather limited at this point.
there has been discussion of allowing use of an editor for TEXTAREAs,
but there is a problem with security for some systems & set-ups,
so it would require a bit of programming effort,
which the volunteer developers haven't been able to find time for.
if you have C programming skills & the time,
you would be very welcome to have a go yourself:
report progress/difficulties to lynx-dev, where everyone will see them.
for earlier discussion, see  www.flora.org/lynx-dev  (the Archive).