Re: lynx-dev lynx and javascript ?

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx and javascript ?
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:19 +0100 (BST)

> Anyone still thinking about looking at JavaScript for Lynx?

I'm still looking at it, yes.  I've made progress too.  Not much,
but some.

> out what to do to get things to build, I discover that the source code
> for Netscape's Javascript is present there - and buildable into a library.

Is there a licence?  If not, I expect Netscape might have something to
say about it.  I'm using the free Javascript interpreter previously
mentioned on the list combined with Netscape's Javascript reference
document.

> So there is a starting point for someone to try to figure out how
> to integrate it.

If the licence is compatible with Lynx's licence, I guess it might
be useful to look at it, but I doubt it would integrate very well.
--
rob partington    personal: <URL: mailto:address@hidden >
  programmer     lynx mail: <URL: mailto:address@hidden >