Re: lynx-dev printer options (revised patch)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev printer options (revised patch)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 20:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> i dropped the stuff about double %s, since no-one knows what it means.
> these are vs the latest  lynx.cfg , which has changed slightly.

This is important information and should not be dropped. Remember that
"printing" does not mean sending the file to a printer, but means
sending the rendered file to whatever program you specify. The first %s
will generally give the name of the temp file "LYTemp-whatever", while
the second %s will give the name of the file that was on the remote
site. See the DOWNLOADER definition for ZMODEM for an example. This
should work similarly to PRINTER, but with an unrendered file. Similarly
"download" doesn't mean download the file, but rather send the raw file to
whatever program is specified.  These are both powerful options for
manipulating files. I am not sure that I can come up with clearer
documentation, but playing with the examples in lynx.cfg makes the
actions understandable.
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman