lynx-dev I need help

From: Saumitri Sankar Guha
Subject: lynx-dev I need help
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:59:31 +0500 (GMT+0500)

I found this email add. on lynx help screen.  At present I am using a
Toshiba laptop with Win. 95.  I do not have a TCP/IP account, as I have to
make an STD call to Calcutta (India) and this works out as a costly
affair.  So I am using a Shell account, and a local INET facility which
allows local calls to the Internet Service Provider (VSNL).  I am using a
33.6Kbps modem (Motorola) with my machine.  I cannot configure the Windows
Internet Explorer with a Shell account, so I am using the modem software
called Quicklink fax.  This makes reading Shell text real hell as it
scrolls through very fast and the text is all jumbled.
I was trying to create a homail.com email add. for a friend, but again the
entries are all jumbled and the data is not being accepted.

Would you please help me with this problem.  Is it possible for me to use
a Virtual TCP/IP software with my shell account through Win. 95.  How do I
download and from where.

Help!

Sharlene (Shillong) India.