Re: lynx-dev change of current download directory?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev change of current download directory?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 01:26:38 -0400 (EDT)

980914 Juhana Kouhia wrote:
> 980913 Philip Webb wrote:
>> generally, suggestions for Lynx get implemented
>> only when the person suggesting them has the time & skill to do so.
> But it would be quite silly if that scheme is followed everytime.
> I may have reasonable good suggestions
> but may not have time or skills to learn the Lynx's development aspects.
> Well I don't have time because I'm working on an audio wave editor,
> document imaging, and so on --- all of them will be free as well.
> If I now have to use time to examine Lynx,
> my own interest are not going anywhere.

you are very much like Lynx developers!
what i said is the simple truth about real life around lynx-dev:
there's lots of good intentions, some skill, but very little time.
however, your suggestions have been broadcast & are in the Archive;
there is a Todo list at  www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html .

for your specific problems: (1) images: you can get the URLs using `*'
(as LP pointed out), then download the file using `d' & view it later;
(2) you can set your save path in  lynx.cfg  using  SAVE_SPACE .

if you are going to do more than the basic things with Lynx,
you should read Users Guide (enter `h') &  lynx.cfg  carefully:
you will find quite detailed advice there about Lynx's many features.