Re: lynx-dev <center> inserts <p>

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev <center> inserts <p>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:57:54 -0400 (EDT)

980917 Greg Marr wrote:
> The content of BODY is %block% (I checked this time) and as such can not
> contain text.  Therefore, a paragraph start tag is inferred before the text.

now you've lost me: BODY is what HTML 4.0 describes as the "canvas"
on which the document is painted by the browser: it must contain text.
further, what do you say about the examples i quoted from 7.5.3-4 ?
there is clearly no  <P>  inferred before/after the  <DIV>'s  there.
whereabouts did you check in HTML 4.0 ?