lynx-dev Question: specify a local file

From: per . magnus . banck
Subject: lynx-dev Question: specify a local file
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:30:24 +0100

Hope I hit the right forum for a question like this. If not, please accept my
apologies, I do not know where else to post it.

Environment: Lynx 2.8 on Windows NT 4.0.

I need to fire up Lynx with a local HTML-coded file specified on the command
line.
I can acomplish the operation it on my OpenVMS system, but run into problems on
Windows.
The problem is is how to code the file:xxx.htm specification to suit Lynx.

The local filespec in Windows is something like:  E:\download\start.htm
(which is _not_ the Lynx home directory).

But how exactly do I specify that in Lynx, so it can start crawling from there?
The URL shown in MS Internet Explorer does not seem to be understood by Lynx.

/Magnus
Per Magnus Banck                address@hidden
Electoral Information Service,  Box 4186,  SE.10264 Stockholm (Sweden)