Re: lynx-dev what is "compile time settings"

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev what is "compile time settings"
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:27:03 +0900 (JST)

> > On the info page there is a link "compile time settings":
[...]
> > I can't really see as how it's going to benefit anyone except
> > someone who understands programming.  Seems to me it could be
> > off by default.
>
> Anyone who tries to understand the operation of lynx.cfg and
> .lynxrc can benefit from this information.  It really helps to

I tend to disagree.  I don't see how much of this info has anything
to do with either lynx.cfg or .lynxrc.  The first few lines are in
my case:

baddef_remove                       no
bool_defs                           yes
c_const                             yes
dcl_errno                           yes
dcl_sys_errlist                     no
dcl_sys_nerr                        no
fionbio                             ioctl
func_SLtt_get_screen_size           no

I haven't the faintest idea what any of them mean except the second
and the last.  The last would tend to indicate that I am NOT using
slang, when indeed I am.

__Henry