Re: lynx-dev Documentation suggestion about downloading

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Documentation suggestion about downloading
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 20:51:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Al Gilman wrote:

> Please check out the draft revision in
>
> http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/fixes/2/

Here are a few comments. I don't think these are new in Al's draft,
however.

>specified file as will fit on the screen.  Pressing a <em>down-arrow</em>
>will bring up the next screen, and pressing an <em>up-arrow</em> will bring
>up the previous screen. If no file is specified at startup, a default file
>will be displayed.  (The default is configured by the system administrator
>when the command is installed.)

I don't think that this is a correct description. Space brings the
previous link.

>text, except for one link, which is shown as "highlighted" text.
>Whether "boldface" or "highlighted" text shows up as reverse
>video, boldface type, or a color change, etc. depends on the
>display device being used (and the way in which that device has
>been configured).  Lynx has no control over the exact presentation
>of links.

I thought that lynx used whatever was in the termcap or terminfo file
for "bold" for normal links and "reverse" plus "underline" for the
active link, unless color was on and the colors changed in lynx.cfg.
Is this incorrect?

>wishes to download the file or cancel. If the user selects '<em>D'</em>
>for download, Lynx will transfer the file into a temporary location and
>present the user with a list of options. The only default option is
><em>Save to disk</em>, which is disabled if Lynx is running in anonymous
>mode. Any number of additional download methods may be defined in the
>lynx.cfg file by the system administrator. Programs like kermit, zmodem

Perhaps we should leave out "by the system administrator", since it
can be done by whoever has write access to a lynx.cfg file.

I haven't had time to go through more of the file. Perhaps we need to
read it carefully before the new release.
                                Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)