lynx-dev Lynx for DOS SSL support?

From: roger
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx for DOS SSL support?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 08:26:06 est5edt

Hello.  I have a question that I'm sure others have had and will
continue to have.  I am a blind person and find Lynx far easier to
use than browsers such as Netscape or MS Internet Explorer,
especially on websites with fancy layouts.  However, an increasing
number of sites are requiring users to use an SSL capable browser.
I currently use the DOS port of Lynx 2.8.  Is there any way to
compile this, using DJGPP, to have SSL support?  Note that I know
almost nothing about how to compile a large program such as Lynx,
and would appreciate a place where the DOS modified sources, along
with all necessary libraries and/or addons, could be downloaded and
instructions on how to do it, if this is even possible.  If this is
not possible, do you know of a publicly accessible SSL proxy that
I could use by putting it in the HTTPS_Proxy variable in my
lynx.cfg file?  I know I'd lose some security this way, but it'd at
least let me use these sites!
One more thing.  I'm not sure if this is a mailing list which I
must subscribe to in order to get replies, or just a thing where I
get replies directly to me.  If it's a list, and I have to
subscribe, please tell me what command to send to where to get it
done.  This might also mean I'd miss any replies directed to me
before I subscribed.  If this is just a normal address, please
reply to the 'from' address of this message.
Thanks,
Roger Smith
address@hidden