Re: about lynx-dev-contrib

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: about lynx-dev-contrib
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 98 08:34:51 EDT

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:32:16 -0400 (EDT),
address@hidden  <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I have started talking to Bob Izenberg about how to work the new
>> lynx-dev-contrib capability into the Lynx help pages.
>>
>> That is to say, this is something we should update and there is
>> no draft cited or attached.
>>
>> Tom, are you at some point going to circulate a "last call for
>> documentation updates"?  How will I know when it is _almost_
>> too late?
>That will be when I've seen that the bug reports (from builds, and from
>people who forgot to mention problems) tapers off.  Right now, I know
>of:
>        + problem building on HPUX (I made a tentative fix, but haven't
>          heard if that fixes it)
>
>        + problems building on VMS with VAX C (likewise)
>
>        + DK reported a bug that relates to the history stack (I assume
>          that's related to my fixes a month or so ago).
>
>Once those are resolved, I guess I'll start tooting the whistle...

I would really like to see a new build of the Win/32 version made
available, especially for testing with screen readers.  I don't know
whether partial display would work usefully if BIOS output were turned
on, and I hope we don't have an endless succession of cookie messages
flowing through the status line and triggering speech.  I downloaded
Doug's LYNX/386 build yesterday here at work, and it looks good so far
as I have tested it.  I hope there's a clear explanation somewhere
about how to use ctrl-K to save your cookies; I found that it worked
as advertised on news.com.

I just don't know if Wayne is going to have time to compile Lynx/32
soon, so we're still at version 16 on that platform.  Any suggestions?

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/