Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.2

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.2
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:33:08 +0900 (JST)

> 1) Please rename makefile.in.in and a couple of others with two dots

If this is in reference to /intl and /po, PLEASE don't include ANY of
it.

> 2) french "po" file say something like

I couldn't get fr.po to even compile.  I think it's broken.

> msgid "NeXT character set " msgstr "Jeu de car. NeXT " which obviously
> wrong for several reasons:  1. trailing spaces not allowed,

One nice "feature" of xgettext is that it will find errors in the code.

> 2. should be inserted only in option menu but not in
> LYCharSets.c/UCDomap.c/ LYRCFile.c to avoid compatibility problems
> with .lynxrc/lynx.cfg

If this is the case, developers may have to come up with different
wording for strings to make them unique.

__Henry