Re: lynx-dev How to maintain sources with gettext() ?

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to maintain sources with gettext() ?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 05:14:11 -0500 (EST)

> But then who *does* update the other language files?
>
> I know what SCO does: if a message is updated, the person doing the
> update changes it in all the message catalogues, replacing the foreign
> language messages with "STILL_ENGLISH rest of English message".

I haven't experimented with this, but (reading the GNU gettext documentation),
it indicates there's a way to automatically (with tupdate) mark the
messages that have become orphaned or obsolete as comments.  Probably
we can reduce this to a less-manual procedure - something that reads the
message catalogs and lists the messages that have to be updated.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden