lynx-dev 2.8.1rel2: attributes broken in UTF-8 display mode

From: Christian Weisgerber
Subject: lynx-dev 2.8.1rel2: attributes broken in UTF-8 display mode
Date: 12 Nov 1998 02:54:56 +0100

Lynx 2.8.1rel2 (tested on FreeBSD) and earlier. This is an old bug.

When the display character set is UNICODE (UTF-8), the inline text
attributes bold and underline aren't displayed. Only after a link has
been selected are its attributes correctly updated. Reverse mode for the
currently selected link and the status line works fine.

This is easily reproduced on a Unicode terminal; I used the Linux
console switched to UTF-8 mode. I also captured the screen output using
"script" and verified that indeed no sequences to switch the attributes
are sent; it's not a Linux console emulation bug.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  address@hidden
    100+ SF Book Reviews: <URL:http://home.pages.de/~naddy/reviews/>