Re: lynx-dev guys'n'gals (was ladies & gentlemen)

From: C.J.LAWSON
Subject: Re: lynx-dev guys'n'gals (was ladies & gentlemen)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 03:03:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Paul Nevai wrote:

> > > Hi Guys:
> > FYI at least 2 of the Lynx developers are women.
Let's not start that one here too ... All this PC is just wasting time and
energy ... I thought the point was that your sex, politics, colour, creed
... etc didn't matter but, YOUR CODE DOES!!

> FYI, "guys" is not a reference to one's sex! E.g., "hi guys" means "hi
> everyone". Afterall, "all men were created equal". Right guys?  AMB=Paul

---
Jonathan Lawson
Thermal Processes Unit
Department of Applied Energy and Optical Diagnostics
School of Mechanical Engineering,
Cranfield  University,
Cranfield, Bedford. UK.
email address@hidden

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good
tidings,
        that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good,
                that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion,
                        Thy God reigneth!

                                                                        Isaiah
52:7