lynx-dev Lynx Bug

From: By-Tor
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx Bug
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:35:44 -0500 (EST)

        I've encountered a very repeatable problem with lynx that seems
to have started with 2.8.2dev2:  For some reason, which I've been unable
to determine, if I try to log into www.cdnow.com it will give me an error
saying that I'm possibly behind a firewall, which I'm not.  Older
versions of lynx will work fine.  Basically, the easiest way to replicate
this problem is to create an account on cdnow's website and then try to
log in afterwards.  Here's the pertinent info in my setup:

Lynx Version 2.8.2dev.4 (18 Nov 1998)

Copyrights held by the University of Kansas, CERN, and other contributors.
Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
See http://lynx.browser.org/ and the online help for more information.

BSD/OS nile.intac.com 2.1 BSDI BSD/OS 2.1 Kernel #3: Sun Apr 12 12:12:10
EDT 1998 address@hidden:/usr/local/src/sys/compile/NILE
i386

-Mike                                                   address@hidden