lynx-dev Re: Lynx link

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx link
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 16:52:42 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Federico said:

> We're a ISP located in argentina, and we're setting up our new
> website. I wanna known if we can add a link to the lynx page,
> or a link to download lynx. We will need to add links to
> download the linux version and the win32 version. And i want to
> known if you can give us and icon of lynx to add in these
> links.

There is a GIF of a Lynx in the Win32 distribution bundle, for
example.  Does anyone have a suitable GIF of the same image
that is in the lynx.ico icon?

Federico: you can use the icon _only_ if you include ALT text
<grin>.

You can certainly include links to <http://lynx.browser.org> and
to the download sites.

You might consider hosting a mirror site for distribution.  What
kind of bandwidth do your users get for accessing sites in North
America?

> Thanks for all and sorry about my english, my native lenguage
> is the spanish.

You can help us by preparing a Spanish language translation
of the distribution page, and perhaps the Spanish version of
the messages that Lynx shows the user as it runs.

Al