Re: lynx-dev fwd: ...translations

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev fwd: ...translations
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 11:34:49 -0500

On Sat, Nov 28, 1998 at 04:30:38PM +0900, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
> > Yet in the long run (or more precisely, in the meantime waiting for a
> > new official release of `gettext'), best would be to use the following
> > instead:
> >    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/gettext-0.10.35.tar.gz
> Definitely.  Anyone interested in doing the translations for Lynx in a
> serious way should build and install this package.

Not knowing any better at the time, I used the gettext package archived
at the GNU ftp site. I agree that since the older version has bugs, Lynx
should use the newer one. The UMontreal pacakage is 750K compressed, so
I would not want it in the Lynx distribution.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I just thought I'd warn you - this will be a waste of time.