Re: lynx-dev Accepting invalid cookies - was: cookie bug (not in lynx)

From: Risto Widenius
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Accepting invalid cookies - was: cookie bug (not in lynx)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:49:45 +0200 (EET)

[been off the list, found this thread today]

"brian j. pardy" <address@hidden>:
> Perhaps a new option similar to COOKIE_ACCEPT_DOMAINS to specify
> servers that are specifically allowed to set invalid domains? I
> can't think of any way to allow such things without violating the
> specification, but it's pretty obvious that some people want such
> things to be allowed.

Agreed. As the person who proposed the patch under discussion, I wish
to defend myself by reminding that by that time, LYAcceptAllCookies
was already used to allow invalid cookies. I just expanded the
behaviour, um, slightly.

I can live without it being part of the Lynx distribution, but I
believe keeping such an option would help many other people to cope
with sites that don't follow the specs. Wasn't it a part of the
philosophy -- to deal with the real world?

--
rw