Re: lynx-dev mime types?

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mime types?
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 08:14:00 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> >> so I could download Apple II files properly.
> >
> >You can do it by pressing "d" on the link.
>
> Ok, but the problem when I do that is that Lynx says text/plain and I'm
> trying to download binary data.. Thus isn't this corrupting my data?

No, it's not. When you press "d" Lynx transfer the file in binary mode.

> BTW, all I was trying to do was follow the same steps given to modify
> browsers for downloading Apple II files.. basically IE and
> Netscape-intended directions.

WEll, it's better to follow Lynx-based directions...

> Someone else mentioned that mimetypes were a *server* thing..

With http URLs.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |