lynx-dev 2 Questions ( CTRL-Z and lynxcgi vs lynxexec )

From: Aengus Stewart
Subject: lynx-dev 2 Questions ( CTRL-Z and lynxcgi vs lynxexec )
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:17:36 +0000

I have not quite sorted out all the problems I have had in moving our
CWIS from an old machine and Lynx 2-4-2 to a new machine and Lynx 2-8-1.
This is on UNIX by the way, IRIX 6.5 to be exact.

I will readily admit I an no coder, so apologises if my queries are
basic.

1) How do I disable CTRL-Z (SIGTSTP) so that lynx is not suspended?

2) I have the following HTML that no longer works.  lynxexec does not
seem to
work within ACTION only lynxcgi seems to and I get quite different
behaviour.

<H1>Setting Postscript Printing or Files</H1>
<FORM METHOD="get" ACTION="lynxexec:/molbio1/bin/LynxExec '">
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="P0" VALUE="postscript" CHECKED> Postscript<P>
<PRE>
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="P1" VALUE="laserwriter" CHECKED> Macintosh
Laserwriter
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="P1" VALUE="epsf"> Encapsulated PostScript File
</PRE>
Full pathname for filename to save postscript information
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="P2"VALUE="output.ps"><P>
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Set"> to send graphical displays to
PostScript files<P>
<INPUT TYPE="reset" VALUE="Reset"> to default settings
</FORM>

LnyxExec parses the parameters and creates and executes within the
current environment
a line such as

postscript laserwriter output.ps

which is required by other programs that are called from within Lynx,
and then gives the
nice "Press <return> to return to Lynx" so that the users can return
straight to the menu.

I am having difficulty recreating this behaviour with lynxcgi - mainly
because I cant find how to make a script work within the current lynx
environment rather than starting
clean.

Sorry if these queries are a bit mickey mouse.

Cheers
Aengus

Aengus Stewart                                  address@hidden
Computational Genome Analysis Laboratory        Tel: +44 (0)171 269 3679
Imperial Cancer Research Fund
Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PX, UK