Re: lynx-dev Crash with new Lynx trying to get to Print Options screen

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Crash with new Lynx trying to get to Print Options screen
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:21:06 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
>990115 Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> 990115 Matt Ackeret wrote:
>>> So has anyone actually fixed this bug?  It's not a hugely big deal
>>> personally since I found a workaround, but obviously it should be fixed.
>> I forget the scenario for this - HTSACopy - the last ones I remember were
>> related to the print screen, which afaik were because of an overflow
>> in the pathname buffer: that's what I (think I) fixed in dev.13
>
>didn't this happen with a specific URL?
>i remember trying & replicating it, then the matter dropped out of sight.
>can MA give us the URL again, so someone with dev.13 can test it?
>this is NOT the same as the problem i encountered earlier
>returning from the print screen, which was easily corrected.

1) Go to http://www.tv1.com/tv/templates/checkuser.dpg
        1a) If you don't have an account, use link 4 to set up an account I'm
94087
zip code, with TCI Sunnyvale, and to reproduce the bug I had most of the
checkboxes for the channels turned on (i.e. they would be included in my
listing)... and remember, to actually see the links in the Customization page,
you'll have to use the '*' command

2) log in
3) hit return for the refresh URL
4) change #4 popup to All Week
5) change #7 popup to HBOP 15 (if you're trying to duplicate my setup.. it
really likely doesn't matter)
6) hit submit button
7) After new page comes back, try to P)rint it..

That's when I crashed...

My workaround was just to cut down the number of channels.  As someone
hypothesized, it's trying to make a really huge suggested filename.