Re: lynx-dev Bug in Lynx 2.8rel.2

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug in Lynx 2.8rel.2
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:19:11 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Kristin Murray wrote:

> While downloading this file :
> http://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/~wertmann/homepage3.html (Heretic wad halfway
> down the page, the path to it got truncated so this is how much I can see:
> http://samuel.cs.uni-potsdam.de/homepages/students/wertmann/heretic/wad )

When the URL is too long for the status line and gets truncated you should
press "=" to go to the information page. There you'll see the full URL.

> I got this error:
> A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8rel.2

I downloaded the heretic_share.wad.gz file without any problems with
lynx2.8.1rel.2 and lynx2.8.2dev.14. Since you're the system administrator, I
suggest upgrading to a more recent version and trying again. The current
release version is 2.8.1rel.2 and the current development version is
2.8.2dev.14

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |