lynx-dev Re: more on configure wrt bind/resolv and inet_addr

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: more on configure wrt bind/resolv and inet_addr
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 00:42:25 -0800

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999, Henry Nelson (address@hidden) said:

| "for cf_inetlib in -lbind -lresolv ; do ; if ; else ; done" will only
| work if lresolv succeeds (which is highly unlikely if lbind succeeds).
| A patch to the configure script to fix this is appended (dev.15).

This sounds related to the warning that I've been getting out of
./configure on stderr with -dev.15:

 R; ./Makelynx>make.log
 configure: warning: Unable to find library for inet_addr function

which I've been ignoring, since lynx seems to run OK (though I have
by no means tried out all major functions).

What is the "inet_addr" function used for, and does ./configure cause
some alternate function to be used in its place?  Etc?  Ie, should I
worry about it ...?

BTW, the sys here is FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE.

/kim