lynx-dev Re: Textarea notes

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Textarea notes
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:35:09 -0800

On Sun, Jan 31, 1999, Larry W. Virden (address@hidden) said:

| >You sure you didn't leave a stray KEYMAP binding lurking about, in your
| > lynx.cfg file, from earlier efforts to get EDITTEXTAREA working, but
| > before you remembered about the double ^V needed on your system ...?
|
| >From my lynx.cfg:
| $ grep KEYMAP lynx.cfg

| KEYMAP:^:HOME           # Go to top of current document
| KEYMAP:$:END            # Go to bottom of current document
| KEYMAP:E:EDITTEXTAREA

It's right there at the end of your bindings.  You've set "E" to invoke
the EDITTEXTAREA function, which is what lynx tries to do (and is why
you no longer get the ELGOTO (edit-link-and-goto) function.

Since you said you're somehow "out of sync" with patches, I'll email
you a patched copy of LYMainLoop.c, which will allow you to use the
same key that the EDIT function is bound to ("e" by default) within a
TEXTAREA, or (additionally) bind the EDITTEXTAREA function to another
key of your choosing (just don't choose "E" if you still expect "E" to
invoke ELGOTO).

/kim