Re: lynx-dev free translations (was: gettext support)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev free translations (was: gettext support)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:48:55 +0900 (JST)

> reading).  The fact that you felt the discaimer unduly restricted you

Not "unduly".  The fault is entirely mine for not having read it well.

> Note I'm talking only about a specific file (and a specific version
> thereof, actually), not contributions in general.

Since the po files can be updated with standard tools, it's not really
version specific.  (There was no need to point to a lynx.pot file.)

But what you are saying here about public domain makes sense.  I'm
not going to think about it more.  I'll put it on my server, and if
people want it, fine.   People who don't have enough disk space,
then compress it, encode it, and mail it to lynx-dev for archiving.
Perhaps we should think about a standard format for the Subject:
line for po file contributions to lynx-dev.

The only "problem" is that the compiler?, gmsgfmt, in the GNU gettext
package requires a prescribed header format which includes a Copyright
line, but of course this can be blank or edited to a personal name,
whatever.

__Henry