Re: lynx-dev unable to connect to remote host

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev unable to connect to remote host
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:32:11 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Tzadik Vanderhoof wrote:

> I just downloaded and installed a binary Lynx 2.7.1 for AIX. (My AIX
> version is 4.3.1.0) However whenever I try to start lynx I get "unable
> to connect to remote host".  This is not a network problem, because I
> can connect to any http site successfully using "telnet some.site.com
> 80".

You are not the first AIX user to report such a problem.  But so far
nobody has followed up with enough information to resolve this.
Maybe you can pick up the ball where others dropped it.  Otherwise
the problem will likely remain unresolved.

For a start, please let us know whether the same problem occurs
after you compile the development code from
<http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/>.

For reference to another person's AIX problem (the same?), see the
threads with AIX in the subject, and other communication with Clair
Wilson, in the February 99 lynx-dev archives
(<http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0299/> or
<http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0299/threads.html>).

    Klaus